This oil has a beautiful woody and spicy fragrance. It’s harvested from the resin of the Boswellia sacra tree in Somaliland. It is most commonly added to skin care products as it can balance all skin types, regenerate aging skin and smooth out wrinkles while preventing more of them. It also slows and deepens the breath, making it a great oil to assist with difficult breathing. Emotionally, frankincense is a beautifully grounding oil to help one live in the moment. It is also used for meditation and relaxation as it helps to calm and centre the mind while reducing levels of stress.
Botanical Name: Boswellia carter
About My Pure Earth:
My Pure Earth works directly with small farmers around the globe to bring 100% pure, organically and ethically produced essential oils to Singapore. All oils are chemical, pesticide and palm-oil free, and of the highest and purest grade available. Through its platform, My Pure Earth aims to help consumers shift to a natural lifestyle using essential oils to reduce toxins in the home, DIY their own products, and improve their wellbeing while looking after the planet. All packaging is 100% recyclable, including their BPA-free plastic containers which require less energy in the manufacturing process as compared to glass.
My Pure Earth - Frankincense Essential Oil, 10ml
Frankincense Essential Oil blends well with: Clary sage, cinnamon bark, clove bud, geranium, lavender, patchouli, rose and ylang ylang.
- Blend Frankincense with rose and lavender for a treat for your skin.
- Mix 6 drops of frankincense to 1oz (30ml) of your favourite carrier oil (I like Argan or Jojoba oil) and apply it directly to your skin. This mixture has been known to help reduce acne, the appearance of large pores, to prevent wrinkles and it even lifts and tightens the skin.
- Some have found it to be excellent for headaches and neck tension by inhaling it or adding a drop to the back of the neck.
- It can be used to fight infection in wounds by adding a drop to the infected area.
- People who suffer from asthma or ongoing respiratory conditions can benefit from using Frankincense on a regular basis in many forms: in oil or cream rubbed into their chest, as an addition to shampoo, inhaled from a tissue or a diffuser, or in a bath or foot soak.